Saturday 26 May 2012

Got inked!

Pretty early into motherhood, I wanted a tattoo of my daughter's name. It took nearly 3 years, but that day came today! First it was the b-fing period, then the busy life that comes with being a working parent. Funnily, the actual process just took half an hour. But it took a long time to reach that point. I am now a proud inkee. My wrist tattoo proclaims "Aria" with an infinity symbol cleverly looped into the A. It's a reminder that our choices, actions and words have consequences that can be infinite. Its a good message for the caregiver of a small child; me thinks.
The artist Aarti smiled when I told her I wanted to ink my daughter's name. She said Aria will be so happy that her momma has written her name; that's when she's old enough to read!
I've heard tattooing can be addictive, and yeah I've already started thinking about my next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd luv to hear what you have to say!