Monday 5 March 2012

Things I'd have done differently

Well, its not a regret if someone can get the benefit of your experience! So here goes-

  1. Put a lot of money in a fixed deposit and used the interest to buy diapers. In bulk. Those suckers do pile up. Oh and about 5 years worth of nose-wipe tissues.
  2. Been a lot more understanding of working mothers in general, long before I found myself in those shoes.
  3. Decided on an epidural early on in the birthing plan without wondering if I could "tough it out." The point where you are convinced the next contraction will finish you off is not the right moment to demand one :)
  4. Kissed my sleep goodbye with a calm mind. No one tells you how tough its going to be. It will be easier if one knew early on that they're gonna be best friends with the moon for the next couple of years.
  5. Done the dozens of things that come to mind now that I have no time to do them.

1 comment:

  1. Decided on an epidural early on in the birthing plan without wondering if I could "tough it out." The point where you are convinced the next contraction will finish you off is not the right moment to demand one :).

    So true that one! I had a C-sec and my gynec asked if I needed a painkiller. I said no, I can manage. She asked me, "Why are you going to endure the pain? DO you think they will give you a Paramveer Chakra for that?" :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd luv to hear what you have to say!