Wednesday 14 March 2012

What's Baking?

In the faraway single days, I'd left the baking to my more talented room-mate, occasionally hazarding a brownie recipe from the Betty Crocker mix whenever the dark chocolate craving hit. But since my toddler hit the terrible-twos, I think our OTG (oven toaster grill)'s  a very solid buy. Baking is one helluva way to get EVERYTHING a fussy youngster wont eat, right down that hatch. I know, I know,  there's the mommy = baking stereotype but honestly, I couldn't care less. My skinny little one gobbles down the eggs, butter, fruit, veggies and atta that simply won't fly in any other formats! Get this right people: The way to a pediatrician's heart is through your child's stomach :) . I pat myself on the back as I mix yet another healthy yet yummy concoction.

I'm part of an online forum of enthusiastic bakers and recipe-sharers. Its awesome; its like having expert chefs, nutritionists and tech support all in one. 

As I write this there's a banana bread in the oven. The little one was ever so willing to help 'mix' the batter. The quantity that finally made it to the pan is a few spoonfuls less than what I'd started with...but hey, that is one happy youngster smelling absolutely yummy right now!

Try this for your kids, significant other, or as dessert tonight:

http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/banana_bread/











No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd luv to hear what you have to say!